The law requires you to have car insurance in most states, but purchasing vehicle coverage is even more important because of your safety. Choosing the right insurance for you can be tricky. You can easily get lost among so many providers and different policy options. That is why you should include our buying guide that will get you familiar with the big players in the industry and help you pick the right coverage for your vehicle.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Car Insurance
Let’s take a look at the factors you should consider when picking a car insurance policy.
Different Policy Types
Did you know that there are different car insurance policy types? Here are some of the policies that you might consider:
- Liability – keep in mind that the majority of US states requires you to have at least this policy. Liability insurance involves bodily injury and property damage liability.
- Comprehensive coverage – this policy includes vehicle damage, such as vandalism, fire, or theft. The insurance may help you to pay for car repair or replacement. Please note that this policy comes with a deductible.
- Collision – it is coverage you pick to be protected when you hit another object or vehicle. The sum may vary depending on the value of your car and the deductible.
- Medical payments – this policy covers the driver’s medical bills.
The policies may vary from one provider to another, which brings us to our next point.
Compare Providers and Quotes
If you want to find the right car insurance, it is vital to put in some time and effort into research. First, you want to identify the potential insurance carriers. We did the footwork for you and selected the top insurance companies below.
Next, you want to check out different available policies and ask for quotes. You should make sure to contact at least several insurance companies and compare the quotes they give you. That is the best way to select the option that perfectly suits your needs.
Do Not Hesitate to Ask Questions
The crucial thing to ensure is that every detail about your car insurance policy is clear. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask the provider. They must find enough time to resolve any dilemma you might have. Do not forget to ask about discounts, extras, and other options that can be added to your policy.
How Much Will You Pay for Your Policy?
You may have noticed that the sum you pay for car insurance is not the same amount your partner or neighbors pay. Apart from the policy itself, here are the factors that determine how much you pay on a monthly level:
- Deductibles – the general rule is that low deductibles mean high monthly payment and vice versa.
- Vehicle – if you drive a vehicle packed with safety features, the chances are you will get insurance discounts.
- Mileage – do you spend every day in your car and pass dozens of miles in it? That could increase the sum you pay.
- Home location – your payments may depend on your neighborhood’s location.
- Personal statistics – the companies will keep in mind your sex, age, and even marital status, as well as your driving record. If you do not have any crashes in your history of driving, the chances are you can hope for a discount.
Best Car Insurance Providers
It is time to take a look at the most reliable car insurance companies in the country.
Amica has an impressively high rate of customer satisfaction and thousands of positive reviews. The operators are at your service to help you find the right deal for your needs.
- Financial stability – they have the highest score when it comes to financial stability.
- Excellent reputation – the company has thousands of satisfied customers and positive reviews.
- A vast array of policy options – whether you need comprehensive coverage or want your policy to include the vehicle interior, Amica will have the right deal for you.
- No restrictions for repair facilities – you can choose the body shop where you want your car fixed.
- You must call them – if you want to obtain a quote, you can do so only over the phone.
- Could have better discounts – it seems they do not have a military or low-mileage discount.
About 18,000 customer representatives serve clients throughout the country, which is an impressive number. You can easily contact them over the phone or head online to chat with an agent and get a quote.
- Online or phone quotes – customers can pick an option depending on their preference.
- Financial stability – it is another reliable car insurance company.
- File a claim over an app – you can send a photo and contact an agent via an app.
- Coverage options could be more extensive – you cannot choose a new vehicle replacement or uninsured motorist policy.
- Driver discounts – you do not get automatic or pay-in-full discount.
The Government Employees Insurance Company, which is the full name of this provider, does a great job in attracting new customers to them. They offer affordable prices on most policies, and they have an excellent smartphone app.
- Competitive prices and discounts – you can get a discount for insuring multiple vehicles, as well as if you have a clean driving record and adequate car equipment.
- Excellent smartphone app – the customers love the app, and they gave it a high rating. It is understandable because you can all your business with this carrier from getting a quote to filing a claim via the app.
- Might be unsuitable for those that are not comfortable using tech devices – the company does most of their job online and communicating over the phone is not a preferred option.
- No GAP coverage – that may matter to some clients.
Other Companies You Should Consider
Here is a brief overview of other car insurance companies worth considering:
- USAA – high financial stability, but they could have more options when it comes to available coverages.
- Erie – an excellent choice, but it is not available in all states.
- Progressive – has plenty of coverage options and discounts, but the mobile app could be better.
- Allstate – an extensive network of local offices and agents, but the price tag might be a bit high.
- The Hartford – a long tradition in the industry, tempting discounts, but customer satisfaction regarding claims could be better.
It is critical that you do not rush the decision about your car insurance policy. You want to get yourself familiar with different coverage types, compare quotes, and identify the best deal for you. We tried to make the process easier by listing top-rated companies in the industry. You won’t go wrong if you choose either of them, but the ultimate decision is up to you.